[MV] M1 Searchlight Trailer

From: M2116X6@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 08:40:28 PST

I'm about to get a new floor installed in my WWII vintage M1 searchlight
trailer and need help in regards to what was there originally. My trailer's
sides are in good shape but the floor is badly rusted and doesn't have enough
left to use as a guide. Can any one help me with any of the following?

Was the floor diamond plate or just flat plate steel?

What gauge?

It looks like there was another layer of steel plate underneath covering the
crossbeams in the floor. Is this correct?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Maier
'52 GMC XM211 6x6