Re: [MV] Titles for Mil Vehs in Ohio (long)

From: CVRFOX@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 13 1999 - 11:30:48 PST

Bob,

Can't speak for your county, but down here in Warren, it was a piece of cake,
on three occasions. I did the same thing all three times and no problems.
 1. Purchased an old VW from NY with only a hand written recept.
 2. Took recept and vehicle to local dealer for out-of-state VIN
verification: cost $1.50
 3. Took Recept & veritfication to Clerk of Courts and walked out with title.
This applies as long as vehicle is 1972 or older, from NY.

This exact process worked on a Fox and Saladin I imported from the UK myself.
Only thing additional was customs release.