[MV] Jeep crank-thanks List!

From: Mick O'Farrell (mick@trinity-design.ie)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 06:56:22 PST

On-topic: Anyone have any idea of the value of an original MB/GPW hand crank?

Off-topic: Here's how valuable it was to me this weekend-

Having left collection of the family Christmas tree to the last minute, my
jeep, Miss J, refused to start. My street car couldn't handle the load, so
things were looking bleak.

Having asked the List for advice on hand-cranking a long time ago, tales of
broken bones had put me off trying... But with the Christmas tree at stake,
I had no choice, so, remembering the List's combined advice, I tried a few
times before having the pleasure of hearing the engine roar into life.
Sweet sound.

Christmas meant a lot to the real Miss J, so I figured she wouldn't let me down.
Same with the List.

I'm delighted to not only have a huge tree (updated pic of Miss J to Ron's
G503 Serial List and Nigel's www.milweb.net soon), but also to end the
century having hand-cranked a vehicle - there's something the next
generation will find hard to believe!

Happy Christmas,
Mick.

Mick O'Farrell
(Ireland)
Miss J -- '43 GPW/mb
chassis s/n: 90216 (no letters, no stars)
engine s/n: GPW248622
MVT 9802