[MV] CUCV Starting Problems

From: Doug Bohannon (jaguar@tacticaledge.net)
Date: Tue Dec 21 1999 - 07:40:53 PST

Hello,

I have an 1983 Chevy CUCV M1009.

Two weeks ago I had problems starting it and replaced the glow plugs.

After replacing the glow plugs it started quickly and consistantly for about
a week and I noted a larger drop on the battery guage when starting than
before.

Since last week the battery guage has shown less of a drop when staring and
the CUCV has been getting consistantly harder to start.

Yesterday it would not start at all and there is very little drop on the
battery guage when the glow plug light is on.

It appears to me that the glow plugs are failing and I will check them this
week.

I changed all eight of the glow plugs at the same time and I do not use any
starting fluid to start the CUCV.

Is there a reason that the glow plug would burn out over a short period of
time or should I be looking for another problem?

Thank you.

Doug Bohannon
First Florida Chapter MVPA
jaguar@tacticaledge.net