Re: [MV] Ferret carb diaphragms

From: Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Dec 22 1999 - 00:15:51 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Loucks <dloucks@DonLoucks.org>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 21 December 1999 23:48
Subject: [MV] Ferret carb diaphragms

>Does anyone have a source for the carburetor accelerator pump
>diaphragms?

Well, there's doubtless plenty over here. The Ferret Solex 40 NNIP carb is also
used on B80 engines - Saladin/Saracen and as far as I can see from the RR Manual
TSD 702 the pump diaphragms are identical to Stalwart and 432 B81 Solex 48 NNIP
carbs, this would not be surprising as the whole engine range was designed with
extreme commonality of parts for mil use. There is nothing special about these
internal parts and are a common Solex part of the day.

I have no doubt one of the many mil dealers here have new ones that are readily
mailable, complete new and used carbs (as I have seen by the bin load), although
they'd likely want to just send a complete carb.

These are four places that will likely have something that you can email:
C&C Military Services, Ccmilitaryservices@btinternet.com
Marcus Glenn, Marcus.Glenn@btinternet.com
HK&T, hkandt@cwcom.net
RR Motor Services, tim@rrservices.co.uk (www.rrservices.co.uk )

If you get really stuck I will remove the diaphragms from my spare 48 NNIP as I
can get replacements easily if needed.

There is a particular procedure in TSD 702 for re-assembly of acc pump
diaphragms to ensure full and free operation.