[MV] GPW Gusset Body serial number?

From: Dan Bever (danbever@juno.com)
Date: Mon Dec 27 1999 - 16:39:47 PST

List,
I am trying to locate the tub serial number on the left front gusset near
the horn and steering gear box. Were am I most likely to find the serial
number stamped for the GPW? Or am I completely off? If it is on this
gusset is the serial # in the front portion of the gusset facing to the
front of the jeep or is on the side facing the clutch pedal arm. Is it
possible that there may not be a tub number? I sanded the front portion
of the gusset and could not see any numbers. I believe this gusset to be
original as I did spot the F script on the side facing the clutch pedal .
Later
Dan Bever
42 GPW
MVPA 18507