[MV] Rear Jeep locking Hubs

From: Jacknshaw@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 14:18:37 PST

Hi List,
Just completed the following that someone might be interested in. When flat
towing my '42 GPW, I noticed abnormal heat build up in the rear differential
and transfer case. I made up a set of rear axles with mirror image splines on
both ends, then placed JC Whitney Mile Maker locking hubs on the rear. I
already have them on the front. It now takes me eight seconds to completely
disconnect all four wheels from the drive train. I tow at Freeways speeds
with ease. At destination I usually just lock up the rear wheels/hubs, but if
I wanted to stay original, it takes five minutes to remove the locking hub
and axle as a unit and replace the stock axle with flange. I placed a couple
of snap rings on each side of the locking hub to keep the axle in place. If
anyone should like more information as to measurements, type of material, or
snap ring placement let me know.
Jackson
'42 GPW

To unsubscribe, send e-mail to: <mil-veh-off@uller.skylee.com>