[MV] M715 Questions

From: Shane G Deemer (sdeemer@austin.rr.com)
Date: Thu Dec 30 1999 - 00:28:19 PST

I have 'adopted' a M715 at a local military museum here in Austin, TX, and
plan to restore it. The body is in excellent shape, but the mechanical
components are in question. I recall there was a website that listed some
basic things (checklist) to check on a M715, but cannot find it
anywhere...does anybody have the URL?

These questions may be very basic, and I apologize in advance if they've
been asked before, but here it goes:

1) Where are the batteries on an M715? There is a mount under the hood, and
also a removable platform between the seats. Also, what type of batteries
does the M715 use? I think it uses 2 12 volt batteries, another mentioned 2
6 volt batteries, but were both unsure.

2) What type of fuel does the M715 use? I know they used gasoline when they
were built, but they may have been converted to JP8. Is there any way to
tell if it has been converted or not?

3) Is there a good place to get books for the M715? I know the M715 zone
has a few TMs on the M715 online (thanks!), but are the complete mechanical
references available from somebody/somewhere?

4) What type of vehicles have the same parts as the M715? The museum has a
large number of M151 parts in their inventory that are available for other
projects; are these compatable with the M715?

Thank you very much for your help. I'm sure I'll have many more questions
to ask as I go along.

--
-Shane

********************** Editor, Military Rails Online http://military.railfan.net **********************