Re: [MV] 1009 MP Vehicle

From: G&K Shaw (wolf.star@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 11:12:03 PDT

Hi Stu
I have noticed over the years that the MP markings on 1008 and 1009's have
been varying depending on the unit. Since the vehicle is not technically a
pure tactical vehicle most MP units mark the bumpers with the tan box with
flat black letters as is std today in the Army, and if lights and siren were
mounted, civilian police type lightbars which are readily available for
blazers are used. These are available for both 12 volt and 24 volt use
which you have you pick of since the 1009 uses a hybrid 12/24 system with 2
separate alternators.

Regards
Glenn