Say "Goodbye" to Radiator Shops

From: Carol Kenyon (Da-Kenyons@webtv.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 07:35:28 PDT

Listers, as a automotive techncian I am witness
to a few things...
  Most if not all new radiators are composite
aluminum and plastic. VERY efficient. However, your local poor-old
lead-in-his-veins
radiator man is on his way out. Don't take his
presence for granted. You don't repair this new
stuff, you throw it out!
  I am sure that in the bigger metro areas that
there will always be someone, but in lttle towns
like mine they are very slow. It's so cheap to
buy a Taiwan replacement radiator, why fix it?
  As far as gas tanks go, our remainng guys don't do them.
  Perhaps big trucks are a different story, I don't
know.
  Sorry about the pessimism.
Don Kenyon in Central California