Re: [MV] welding/repair technique question

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 19:56:31 PDT

"John A. Hern Jr" <hern@nidlink.com> wrote:
> Hey! You want to talk about fun? Don't throw away those CD's that you
> get twice a month from AOL, put them in your microwave on high for 15
> seconds or so; and watch the sparks...

I've found that CD-R disks make prettier sparks.

Hmm, gotta get this back onto MVs... My new Gama Goat from Ebay will
hopefully arrive later this week, and I plan to try unloading it from
the flatbed one end at a time with my M543A2 wrecker. I finished the
making a nice 2-leg 12,300 pound WLL chain sling tonight with parts
from McMaster Carr. I made it with 10 foot legs and shortening hooks
at the master link for more versatility. Ironically, it cost more to
make the sling than it would to hire the nearest towing company (which
is coincidentally called "Blair Towing"... no relation) to come out
with their 22-ft tilt-bed and do the jobe for me, but why buy a crane
if yer not gonna lift stuff, huh? :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/