AOL users beware - Credit Card scam

From: Glenn (glenntaylor@hotpop.com)
Date: Sat Jun 23 2001 - 03:04:48 PDT

A week ago I received an e-mail which appeared to come from AOL. It
suggested that my credit card details where out of date and they needed them
again. (There is nothing wrong with my credit cards or dates)
It gave a link where I could input the details, which they called AOL's
secure Billing Centre. http://billing-aol.8k.com/
All very professionally done.
I sent the mail to Abuse@aol.com and waited.
Nothing
Today I received another similar e-mail requesting my details, again very
professionally done.
I rang AOL on 0800 376 5432 and asked what the problem was with my card
details. They confirmed that it was not a request from AOL. "You didn't put
your details in did you ?"
They suggested I forwarded the offending mail to cosuk@aol.com which is AOL
conditions of service dept.

Pass this on to any other AOL users you know.

Glenn
(UK)