Re: [MV] m1009 question

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Jan 01 2000 - 20:41:28 PST

>Hi. Has anybody put a Gear Vendors on a m1009 blazer? What about putting a
>700R4 (four speed chevy auto with overdrive) in a blazer? Just trying to
>lower RPMs on the freeway.

One of my customers, who is an engine dealer in the LA area, tried one of
these Gear Vendor OD units. They put it behind a Perkins 354 which is
almost identical to the Cummins/Dodge 5.9L. They destroyed a number of them
(three as I recall) all of which were replaced but after the last one the
company gave them thier money back. It would seem, from his experiance,
that they cannot handle being behind a Diesel.

je