Weird M151 symptom - repost.

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 23:58:37 PST

Gentlemen,

10 days ago, I took my M151 on it's inaugural run. A 200 mile round trip
to Pattaya on the eastern seaboard of central Thailand.

All was/is well, except for high pitched, but not loud, whistling noise
(not unlike the older kettles) apparently emanating from the forward
transmission tunnel area. It appears to rise and fall with vehicle
movement/rpm, but not quite in synch with either.

It is almost as if I have pressurised the gearbox somehow. Any and all
input much appreciated on this.

Thanks again
Gavin
M151 A1