Re: [MV] Weird M151 symptom - repost.

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 06:35:34 PST

Gavin,
A high pitched whine is common in the M151's, especially from the
transfer gears in the transmission and also the differentials. I have
four MUTTSs and all of them make loud noise except the one with
a new transmission and new 100 Series differentials. It whines some
when I let off the gas, but not loud. Also check for air leaks in the
intake manifold and carb area, especially if you have to run with
the choke on some.
Joe