Battery storage on Mule

From: Alan Zeichner (Alan.Zeichner@kp.org)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 07:42:37 PST

I may soon be the owner of an A5 Mule. The current owner made the conversion to electric start. He has been keeping the batteries on the deck as he rarely uses it. I know this is a common conversion so how would any of you Mule experts suggest I proceed with a storage box? Is there a stock part available? I'd like to keep it as water tight as possible. Also does it take a standard M series starter button? The button he installed does not work but it does start with crossing the exposed wires( hot wiring ). I don't think he used a military starter button. There are some Mules that I've seen with larger rims and tires than stock what is the most common size used, and how do they affect the performance? I haven't seen it yet, but I've known the owner for almost 2 years and he says it is otherwise complete and straight. Any help would be appreciated.................Alan