CUCV Markings

From: F. Brian Mead (brian@hardscrabblefarm.com)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 09:20:42 PST

Howdy,
    I'd like to mark my M1009 CUCV (blazer) as my dad's old unit.
During the mid 1980's, he was commanding officer of the 457th Chemical
Battalion. I'm thinking I'd like it to be a headquarter's vehicle. Not
having the markings manual, does this look right:

left side of bumper right side of
bumper
120C AR 457C HQ-1

I'm also going to do the "TP 35" over each wheel well and "Diesel" on
the fuel cover. My paint is CARC, do I need to stencil CARC on it
somewhere? I've only seen one with "CARC" stenciled. Other than that,
do I need any other "standard" stencils? I've seen other "optional"
stencils (back window glass warning, only tow 1/4 ton trailers, etc)
but they're not common enough for me to put on the vehicle.

Thanks to everyone on the list!

Brian Mead
1944 MB
194? GPW