Re: [MV] Cucv

From: Michael Howell (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 19:36:08 PST

I have used a GMC dually 1 ton pickup to flat tow a M1010 ambulance with no
problem. I started out slow to see how it would tow, but I eventually got up to
65 to 70 on the interstate. I used a military tow bar hooked to the shackle
bracket on the front and a pental hitch mounted in the factory receiver. You
must turn the key on to unlock the steering wheel and put both the transmission
and transfer case in Neutral. It was about a 300 mile trip. How ever you go, be
sure that what you tow with weighs more than what you tow.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS