Hole in my exhaust (M35A2)

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 06 2000 - 19:49:43 PST

I've got a hole in my exhaust pipe below the fender where it turns and
heads into the engine bay.

It looks like water collected there till it rusted thru.

Anyway, I've been trying to repair it and ...
1. tried 'plaster cast' looking muffler repair. Burned thru inside 5
miles.
2. Made a sheet metal patch, pop riveted it in place and wrapped with
aluminum tape. This lasted twice as long (improvement?).

Well, what's next? Anyone have any recommended repairs that I could use
to last me thru the winter?

I don't want to replace the pipe till spring (avoid the salt as long as
possible) but if someone's got one for sale reasonable enough I'll bite
so let me know.

Thanks,

--
-Buzzard

Don't drive faster than your angels can fly. _______ /__.___.__\ W. J. Buzz Szarek WM1W {___\ ~ /___} Cobra Consulting Group |`o-------o'| 97 ESP Pacific Green / Tan buzzNOSPAM@toast.net "High speed, Low drag" Remove NOSPAM to reply