Re: Was M35 now: air mattresses bad = summary

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@apollo.ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Fri Jan 07 2000 - 02:07:36 PST

John and everyone else who replied

> rather easily. Over the years, I had several different air mattresses issued
> to me, and few of them held air for more than a few hours. Generally
> speaking, they were more trouble than they were worth.

This seems to be the general thread through most of the replies to my
posting. Though plenty sound to be still using them successfully!

Just not sturdy enough for military use it would seem.

> By the way, I received your reply to my posting four times. All indicated
> that they had been sent at 3:29 PM so I am assuming that you didn't send
> them repeatedly, thinking that you had neglected to hit the send key.
> (Twice, maybe, but four times? I don't think so.) Arthur, is there something
> wrong with the server?

Only sent it once, I don't think the problem is at my end. But given my
ISP's occasional antics (with which Arthur is familiar), nothing would
surprise me. I have noticed other peoples messages coming through
as duplicates.

The twits at my ISP recently changed the dial in number and sent out
an email message about it: except that the change happened at 3pm, and
the email went out 9 minutes earlier! So if you weren't online in that
9 minute time frame (most people arn't at that time of day) and
downloading your email then you
were none the wiser and next time just couldn't get through - real
intelligent bunch, huh?

Regards
Doug

                 Armoured Vehicles Collector
        _______
      _/_(_o_)_\_ ____
    _/|___|_|___|\_ /____\
   / [___] [___] \ Douglas Greville _/[o]___\_
  |w|\u u/|w| Australia |w| \ / |w|
          M8 Ferret

                     dgrev@ruralnet.net.au

Web Armour site at: http://Fast.to/DG