Re: [MV] Was M35 now: air mattresses bad = summary

From: Thomas M Mc Hugh (tmmchugh@juno.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 09:48:59 PST

HI LIST,

THERE WERE GOOD AIR MATTRESSES SUPPLIED TO MILITARY PERSONNEL. IT WAS
JUST A PROBLEM BECAUSE OF LAZINESS.

WHEN THE WORK WAS STILL GOING ON, TOO MANY OF THE GOOF OFFS WOULD GO TO
INFLATE AIR MATTRESSES AND SKIP THE WORK DETAIL.

THE FAILURE OF TOO MANY AIR MATTRESSES WAS DUE TO PLACING THEM ON SHARP
STICKS, STUBS, AND PEBBLES. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OVER THE PONCHO.

THE BEST USE I EVER FOUND WAS WHEN TRAVELING FOR A LONG TIME IN CONVOY.
THE CO-DRIVER WOULD PARTIALY INFLATE AN AIR MATTRESS AND COULD GET A WELL
DESERVED NAP WHILE IT WAS TUCKED INTO THE CORNER OF THE DUECE CAB. SOME
TROOPS ALSO SLEPT ON THE FLOOR OF THE DUMP TRUCKS.

THE GROUND ROLL REPLACEMENTS, ARE REALLY A TIME & SPACE IMPROVEMENT.

I SERVED 3 YRS ARMY, 30 YRS NATIONAL GUARD AND 10 YRS RESERVE. I MOST
DEFINITELY HAVE TRIED THEM ALL,

TOM MCHUGH, NEW JERSEY
M38A1 SER # 20282

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!