Re: [MV] Car Crushing: Bad Idea?

From: Kaminski Family (hnksguns@tir.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 13:34:18 PST

Bad idea? I agree! and I am "Mrs. Spectator" too. Laura has a point,
knowledge is a powerful tool. If you are going to put out the money to
acquire and then restore why would you want to tear it up trying to impress
"WHO?" (yourself!)
<Crushing stacks of 55 Gal drums? Pushing through a cinderblock wall?>
this sound like a male hormone thing (mine seems to think big/loud is cool)
loud noise and muscle don't impress me but the history does
<Try your local schools..>
we used to do this with Civil War artifacts (in first person) until everyone
got so paranoid about weaponry. Then they banned bringing guns
(blackpowder), sabers, tomahawks, etc. Kids can't visualize much from an
old canteen and cup.

We did try taking the Saracen to a 4th of July celebration but the poor
thing almost had a coronary (over heated half way there) but we still offer
"tours" at the farm.

If you can do a reasonable first person impression and educate at the same
time you might even impress those in the position to turn attitudes around.
Carolyn
(Mrs. Hank)