Re: [MV] Mil-Veh collection bad? (was)Re: [MV] Knob Creek Event 2000

From: Jeff B. (jbough@direct.ca)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 13:26:14 PST

From: Eugene PANTANO <snoshu@market1.com>

> The guy was drunk...and was "murdered" by a piece of crap cop who should
> have been prosecuted for first degree murder. The tank was high centered
> and going nowhere...the cop could have crawled in and arrested the guy.
But
> since it happened in Kalifornia...he got away with murder.

assessment. To suggest that a cop climb into a tank that has gone on a
runaway path of destruction that is being driven by a person who OBVIOUSLY
has NO regard for peoples lives is insane. I how many guns knives etc has
this freak squirrled away inside the tank? You are basing your opinion on
the information received AFTER the event. You have had days, months, years,
to analyse the event and the person. The cop you call a murderer had a
window of seconds to deal with a madman.

>By the way...look on the
> front of a M60 tank...also the tracked howitzers... See that red lever on
> some...?? It is a CO2 fire extinguisher...it shuts down the engine in case
> of a fire.... ??? Shuts down the engine....shuts down the engine...get the
> point !!

Surely youre not suggesting that Police training should include emergency
shut down procedures on military attack vehicles?????

I am offended at your opinion of the policeman and the incident. I felt it
necessary to post my response to the list on behalf of all the police
members(past and present) who are expected to make life and death decisions
in a matter of seconds, to then suffer the scrutiny of all, for years to
come.
I will gladly suffer the wrath of Arthur that this post has nothing to do
with the private ownership of MV's.

Jeff Bough
Former Vancouver Police Officer.