Re: [MV] Need MV battery- M151 safety tip

From: JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Date: Sat Jan 08 2000 - 14:05:00 PST

> Yes, I know, you just want something that fits in your battery
>box..........Well, put the wrong size battery in your Mighty Mite and, when
>you close the hood, that sizzling sound you hear will be the battery
>terminals arc welding a hole in the hood! Oh ya, I've done it, but now I'm
>smarter and use the right battery in my MV's.

Or arc welding holes in the battery cover on the 151...UNLESS-

You put a pair of nice pieces of cut out electrical insulating mats (like
old ones from the shop) on top of the batteries. This compresses nicely,
and holds the batteries in place, as well as prevents them from arcing to
the battery cover. My 151 came with this addition, and it has worked very
well.