Re: [MV] M38A1 - Light switch settings

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 05:18:30 PST

The uppermost switch controls all the service brake light functions. First
detent to the left of vertical is brake, next detent is headlight AND brake.
(of course the lock lever (lower right) must be in the release position to
operate the upper lever into either of the required positions).

I suspect your M38A1, like my 1952 Studebaker 6x6, DOESN'T HAVE a right brake
light, and never did. Has tail light on both sides, brake light only on
left. And as that is how it was built (and in my case is licensed as an
antique), you are not required to have a brake light on that corner.

If you want one, there have been numerous articles over the years in
magazines detail how to add a brake light function to that lamp housing yet
retain the military look.

Hope this helps,
David Doyle