afterlife for centurions

From: Robin Craig (therobincraig@home.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 06:02:18 PST

I thiught I would throw this into the fray in case anyone is interested
in following it up..

Anumber of years ago the Brit shop forman where I worked related to me
that he had worked on the oil rig jobs in Morthern England around
hartlepool or some where. He said they had some ex army tanks with the
turrets removed and big hydraulic jacks in their place, they would fab
the big rigs and then they would bring the tanks underneath and raise
the rams and move the units on out. From the time that he was there,
early 70,s I can only think that they were centurions. I have never seen
anything in wheels and tracks aboout it ever, anyone any knowledge? John
is long gone from here so I dont have more of a lead at all.

Rgds

Robin Craig