Re: [MV] Convoy Tenn to KC convention 2000

From: Steve L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 13:54:09 PST

Hello all. As the V.P. of the local Mil-veh club (see what happens when
you show up to too many meetings), and the sponsoring club for the
Convention, I hope to see you all soon. I've been kicking around a few
idea's and want to bounce them off you all.
  # 1 I think your route si great, can I help. I was thinking of either
contacting other Law Enforcement entitys to see if they can provide
escort. I have an intimate relationship with the Sheriff's Dept. here in
Cass county & it appears you'll be coming through most of it. Or our
club can maybe provide an "convoy follows" escort of some sort.
  # 2 I have some of my stuff stored at a local storage facility just
south of KC. Its 1 mile off hiway 71at the norht end of Cass county,
about 30 minute from the convention site by 4-6 lane highway. I could
talk to the owners & sound them out about a discount storage for people
visiting the convention to leave trailers there. Big lot. Since tis
only for a week or so they may charge only , oh I don't know, $10-$15 ?
I'll ask. It's a nice big fenced in controlled access place & the
owners have been real nice to me. Any body think I should contact them ?
  Anything else I can do for anybody (short of giving up my room, sorry).
 The Hotel & stuff is shaping up.
  Let me know, Steve
  1953 M38A1 1/4 ton Jeep 1968 M274A5
 1/2 ton Utility, "mule"
  1954 M170 1/4 ton Jeep Ambulance 1968 M109A3 2 1/2
ton Shop Van
  1962 M37B1 3/4 ton Truck 1977 M882
   5/4 ton Truck

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!