Re: [MV] Car Crushing: Bad Idea?

From: DDoyle9570@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 09 2000 - 20:31:30 PST

Being one of the owners of the "wrong color green" vehicles Frank jokingly
refered to, I have had....

kids climb across the hood of my M35A2....
found footprints along the firewall of my compressor truck....
found folks sitting on the hard top of my M35A2...
found folks sitting on the soft top on my M36A2...
had every compartment door on my 530C pumper opened...
every control and switch on every truck turned on...
had one teenager help his self to starting a deuce....
had folks to chin ups on top bows....
Had parents open the door (that has the sign that says "ask before opening"),
and put there kid in the cab of a M123 so they can bounce up and down on the
seats....
had folks climb in the bed of a cargo truck, from every possible side...

And you know, when I ask these folks to direct me to their automobile so I
can prowl through and sit on it they are OFFENDED!!!!

I should point out that every time one or more of my vehicles is displayed,
there is ALWAYS a sign in front of it that gives a history of the vehicle,
and points out that it is privately owned and restored!!! Often they have a
placard on them similar to Frank's asking people not to climb on them.
I do not fault small (illiterate) children, and is the teens and adults and
parents who show respect or regard for other peoples property that infuriate
me.

I am happy to show, and let people in on most of my equipment most of the
time, I just wish they would ask first. Maybe I should start displaying hand
grenades too, with a sign saying "guess which ones are real???"

My .02,
David Doyle