Re: [MV] FW: [MV] Cucv

From: dvsww2 (dvsww2@cyberhighway.net)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 11:50:21 PST

Guys, U-Haul dollies are fine, but the chart shows that my Civy Suburban
was too wide for the dolly unless you happend to get luck and find one of
the new ones. Since the Sub and the CUCV are basically the same in front it
appears to be a no-fit. Tow Bars are hard to find through the U-Haul system
also as they aren't being replaced due to loss or breakage. I finally
ditched U-Haul and had a tow bar made, since they could not deliver either
a dolly or towbar that was suitable. By all means pull the driveline.
Good luck, Howard.

----------
> From: Jaime A Ponce de Leon <jaimepdl@elp.rr.com>
> To: Military Vehicles List <mil-veh@uller.skylee.com>
> Subject: [MV] FW: [MV] Cucv
> Date: Friday, January 07, 2000 10:12 PM
>
> *This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(tm)
Pro*
> List, I dont know if Bob posted this to the list, but he sent it to me,
and
> i figured i would post it.
>
> (so you still get one of them handy u-hall trailer things that supports a
> single axle, unlock the front hubs, put the tranny in N, the transfer
case
> in N or 2hi, chain it like it was your life, and then tow
> it.)
>

> ----------
> >From: "Bob Heselberg" <k7mxe@mashell.com>
> >To: "Jaime A Ponce de Leon" <jaimepdl@elp.rr.com>
> >Subject: Re: [MV] Cucv
> >Date: Fri, Jan 7, 2000, 6:20 AM
>

> > You have the right plan except turn the vehicle back around and pull
the
> > drive shaft. The weight will be forward and have less chance to whip
> > back and forth in the lane and the wheelbase will be also couple of
feet
> > shorter and easier to drive around corners..carry on Bob Heselberg Elbe
Wa

<mil-veh-digest@uller.skylee.com>