Re(2): [MV] Re(2): [MV] Dodge WWII Websites

From: Gordon.W.I. McMillan (gwim2@student.open.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 03:05:10 PST

Errr, it wasn't a complaint, far from it. 8-)

A previous owner had butchered the sides of a WC 42 to turn it into a
wrecker, and the current owner paid a lot of money to have new rear side
panels made (basically the whole back body above the bodyline) the
fabricator did a good job too.

The WC 11 body was used to rebuild a WC 42, as the body is the same and
only the internal equipment, seats, etc are noticeably different. The
early 1/2 tons are rare enough in the UK that nothing is ever really
wasted, although I did help to recover a WC 42 Radio Panel that was
subseqently cut up, but that was years ago.

My WC 36 Carryall had been turned over and bounced down Texas roads on
it's roof at least twice, but the metal was solid enough to just pound it
back to shape, after I'd put a jack diagonally across the liftgate /
tailgate aperture and jacked it 4" back into square, that is.

The real problem with these WW 2 hard top Dodges is the shortage of parts
for the liftgate, tailgate, and side window winders - so much stuff was
thrown away, and all the remaining vehicles are potentially restorable so
not much use as a source of parts.

Gordon