Re: [MV] Trailer wiring

From: Gordon.W.I. McMillan (gwim2@student.open.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 03:15:38 PST

From memory ( and I'm getting on a bit) all these trailers just used three
wires in that trailer cable, and the selector switch allowed (forced) the
driver to select b/o or normal trailer lighting actually on the trailer.
I suspect if you want the trailer to look right it should have the switch
in place, regardless of how you wire it.

All my Dodges, jeeps and trailers are wired for the double stop and tail
lights you would expect, with the lower sections converted to indicators
(turn signals) I just use all four connectors in the trailer plug plus an
additional earth wire.

Gordon