Re: [MV] ONTOS Survivors

From: Nelson Dionne (aa1mo@nsradio.org)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 06:16:19 PST

Hello List:

    There was another Ontos survivor in a scrap yard ( I believe long
closed and gone) in Clinton, MA for many years. It had been de-milled by
the military and used in some sort of arctic exercise, then surplused. As
best as I can figure, after many years in the MV hobby, USMC manuals don't
seem to escape into our circles. There does not seem to be any info out
there on the Ontos which would help a restorer to restore one. Too bad, as
they would be a real crowd pleaser.

Nelson Dionne
MVCC #411
Salem, MA
Collector of military bicycles, carts & motorcycles