THE PACIFIC REVISITED

From: Winne, Jim (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2000 - 11:08:18 PST

Hi listers,

While brousing the bargain table of my local Barnes & Noble I came across a
book of interest to anyone who had a family member who fought in the
pacific theatre durring WWII. The book is a colection of photographs of
battlefield wreckage, historic places, and ariel photos of such places as
Truck lagoon. Lots of shots from gun emplacements both Japanese and
American. There are color photos as well as B&W photos on high speed
infrared film. This gives the vegitation a silver/grey appearance that
makes the subject stand out clearly. Each chapter starts out with a map of
the island group that is covered within. I found this on the 50% off
bargain table.

                Title: WAR OF OUR FATHERS
                        relics of the pacific battlefields