RE: [MV] Quadrant, Gunners, M1 - 1943

From: Rayfield , Robert S Jr Mr DUSA-IA/Techmatics (RayfieldRS@hqda.army.mil)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 11:01:14 PST

Mr. Miller,
Good rendition of use of quadrant, except that on a howitzer (105mm, M101A1;
155mm, M114A2 and M198; and 8", M110A2) or gun (175mm, M107), when applying
the quadrant, it's "feet" actually go on pads on the tube; i.e., there is a
specific spot on the piece to put the quadrant. These inlaid spots are
sometimes painted over.

R. S. Rayfield, Jr.
Maj 0802 USMC (Ret)