M35 leaking coolant around head bolts

From: Rich Weinkauf (RWeinkauf@msn.com)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 14:30:12 PST

My truck has started leaking coolant around two head bolts- the first one at
the front of the engine and the second one is the last bolt near the
firewall. I've lost about 1 cup of coolant out of the rear leak over the
past 7 days. Temps here have been between 5 and 35 degrees.

I noticed a slight smell of coolant when driving it about two months ago,
but never saw any evidence of a leak until last week, so it is gradually
getting worse. Have tried to tighten the bolts, but they won't budge.

Anyone else have this experience?

Rich

Rich Weinkauf, N8QLT
HummerID: 97.5 Fly Yellow Wagon