'82 CJ-5 Navy Jeep???

From: steve shaw (gyrene37@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 20:16:47 PST

A friend just contacted me with a description of a jeep he was offered.
Described as '82 CJ-5 in OD w/Navy marking visible. Tailgate model and
12volt. Supposed to have a GSA "title"???
Sounds sort of fishy to me - were CJ-5's used for military use as late
as '85, would they have had tailgates and 12 volt? I wasn't aware the
GSA issued titles. Any comments will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve