Re: [MV] '82 CJ-5 Navy Jeep???

From: Jim Rice (jimrice@sirinet.net)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 20:19:54 PST

I know the Army used commercial "off the shelf" CJ-5s here at Ft Sill as late as
the late 80s, early 90s. A friend of mine bought several at a DRMO auction and
was given full paperwork (Form 97) to title them. They were all a dark gloss
green, not really OD.

He sold them off and made good money off of them. Unfortunately, I was in Germany
at the time or I would have bought one myself. I saw one when I was home on
leave. They were pretty clean jeeps. Would have made a good daily driver.

Jim Rice
Lawton, OK