Re: [MV] 6TN or 6TL Batteries

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 20:46:58 PST

"John Souza" <John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us> wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can buy the 6TN or 6TL batteries? I have
> tried getting them from Exide here in Fresno. They told me that they
> couldn't sell them to me because the that are made for the Military
> exclusively.

I'm surprised to hear that. I recently ordered a pair of brand-new
Exide 6TL batteries through a local auto parts shop whose owner
restores MVs for fun and profit. It just took two or three days to get
them, and a week for my back to recover from lifting them. :-)

They were wet-charged and ready to crank the engine when I picked them
up. I don't know whether they were delivered that way, or filled by
the dealer.

I'd suggest you try again through a different dealer that carries (or
can order) Exide batteries.

BTW, I'm in southern CA, in Orange CO.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/