Re: [MV] [WW2 VW] Re: Reproduction Kubelwagen for sale on eBay

From: Steve L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 14:43:17 PST

  "my opinion is that a VW Type 181 is a quite nice MV, the owner can do
it up
as a French Army, Bundeswehr or even Israeli Forces vehicle, and there is
no problem;

**** Swell, if your re-enacting a postwar period. Not much demand for
that I'm afraid.

 but trying to pass it off as something from an earlier period
is both dishonest and pathological ;-(

***** I think that if you want something that will pass in local
re-enactments, a "Kubeled" type 181 (or thing as they are known here in
the USA) is about the only thing reasonably priced. Yes, you could spend
$5,000-$10,000 for a kit car that could come a lot closer, but
still.......
  I don't have thatmuch $ to throw around. I do however do the
re-enacting witht eh German Army (WWII) and I don't consider myself a
twit or someone who has an orgasm pretending something I'm not. Course,
a lot of us (MV owners) own & drive vehicles we never used in our
military careers, or our associations with military life.
  Say Ron, didn't you used to own a Kubelwagen ? Was there ever anything
incorrect about your vehicle ? Hope no one ever thought you were driving
it to pretend something your not.
  Not intending to start a long distance argument, just that there are
some legitimate reasons for repro vehicles out there. Steve

  1953 M38A1 1/4 ton Jeep 1968 M274A5
 1/2 ton Utility, "mule"
  1954 M170 1/4 ton Jeep Ambulance 1968 M109A3 2 1/2
ton Shop Van
  1962 M37B1 3/4 ton Truck 1977 M882
   5/4 ton Truck

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!