Re Kubelwagen Knockoffs

From: Amikesomm@aol.com
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 17:15:11 PST

    I agree with Steve. At the rallies I've gone to here in Eastern US no
one would've seriously cared whether it was correct or not, if someone had
taken the time to make it relatively close. I know the thread Nazi's would
disapprove, but I've been doing this MV hobby for pure fun and personal
satisfaction, and even most of the reenactors I've met have been as
completely Un-Anal as I am about it all. Yes, my M37 and 151A1 are
correct......but those are EASY vehicles to make correct. A Hanomag, or
Kubelwagen is much more difficult, and therefore more leeway is naturally
allowed. If these knockoffs were portrayed as correct, that might be a
horse of a different colour. The guy who drives his OD CJ 2 at CAF events is
pleasing the crowd, and having a good time, and isn't that enough?
Mike in VA