Re: [MV] M1009 CUCV Blazer floor covering

From: Andy Michalski (amichalski@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 17:14:26 PST

The origional floor covering was the standard GM black rubber floor mat
that was used on vehicles without the carpeting option. There was some
insulation under it too. I have heard that there was a change order to
remove these due to water leaks/fording and the covering not allowing
the water to dry causing rusted floors and mold/mildew. At any rate,
this covering didnt last long and when found still in a cucv it usually
is torn up. If you want to replace it, check with GM for this, if they
dont have it anymore, Auto Custom Carpets has something similar, but it
is sort of pricey to the tune of $100+ if I recall. Personally, I would
stick with bare floor, only saw 1 M1009 that still had this in the 20 or
so I have seen so far.

Andy
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Highway/3969/cucvpage.htm