Answer on my 2HN question

From: Gavin Broad (invest@portsmouth-mann.com)
Date: Sat Jan 22 2000 - 23:56:08 PST

Gentlemen,

I recently posted, asking if the 2HN designation imparted a size
qualification as well as a power qualification; well, I have an answer:

I discovered an old battery container marked 2HN and enquired of my parts
source if he could get them, whilst backing this up by sending my messenger
out to check with the local battery stockists. Both came up positive and
my parts source was cheaper, so I took a blind risk and ordered them. They
have just arrived - matt black, rubberised, and exactly the right size,
according to the answer that the Muttguru gave to Mike's
(candlewickjeep2@webtv.net) question on the 7th of January. Those sizes
are: 10 1/4 x 5 5/16 x 8 1/4 plus one inch for terminal height.

Don't wanna make you guys sick, but they cost me $22.50 each :-) Tad too
heavy to ship methinks.

FWIW
Gavin-in-the-land-of-cheap-milspec-batteries