Re: [MV] Fuel pump..whats innit?

From: fv74@altavista.net
Date: Thu Jan 27 2000 - 04:47:03 PST

Haze

The pump is pretty straight forward to rebuild. It has a diaphragm and two check valves. Usually the diaphragm cracks and needs to be replaced. I understand that the check valves are also replaceable, but the staking required to install them looks a little tricky. I rebuilt my priming lever pump by using the diaphragm from a newer CJ2A pump. I cleaned the original check valves with solvent and compressed air. The diaphragm only goes one way, but the keeper could conceivably be installed upside down. I used the CJ2A's glass bowl and kept the metal bowl for shows. Rebuild kits are readily available for these pumps. Good luck.

Dave Fillman
45 MB