Re: [MV] HMMWV goes home/fan noise question

From: RoughDoc@aol.com
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 03:34:41 PST

I remember when we were first issued the HMMWV's. Driving down the Autobahn,
and all of a sudden this loud roaring noise. I thought we had blown the
thing up!

In reality, the HMMWV suffers from the newer design disease known as an
electrical radiator fan, which is thermostatically controlled.

Be glad you heard the "roar". It means the thing is working.

BTW, you can tell you are an MV'er. Most folks would have never made the
connection between the temperature gauge and the roar sound!

Doc