Re: [MV] Mrs. Hanks you're not alone (was BGT vs Junipers)

From: Katie Ferencz (drw-fan@home.com)
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 08:14:16 PST

Way to go Carolyn!! She's not alone, either. We're in the same
Chapter here in Michigan. We have several women who are out
with their husbands at all the events. I have even done the
newsletter for the past 5 years or so. The reason we have a mule
is because I wanted one, now John doesn't want to sell it! I'm
ready to move on to something new, like a Kettenkrad! My family
thinks I'm nuts because I go on these trail rides and stuff, but I just
ask them, where else can you get to ride in a tank??!!! And my son
is very proud to have a mom whose had a ride in a tank before!!

You go girl!!

kt

> Ok Guys I'm not a saint. But some how I don't see big green things as
> automotive. 35 years ago I married a 57 Chevy Shaker that was the "I,m not
> ready stage". Then we got the Austin Healy and a 350 out of a Vet that was
> the "2 kids and in denial stage". We then went thru a bevie if motorcycles
> from street to dirt that was the "maybe I can get them involved stage".
> Then one day we fell into a "gang" of civil war reenactors and hit the
> "everybodies envolved stage". But when the kid out grew us and moved on
> that's when it really got nasty. We are now in the "it's my turn stage".
> He bought guns, I bought a ram. He bought more guns, I bought a goat. He
> bought the Alvis Saracen, I got a dog. Get the picture yet?
> He hates meetings but enjoys rallies and shows so if I have to tag along so
> he doesn't fall asleep at the wheel fine, I get to eat out once or twice and
> not at McD's. It gives me time to do needle work too. He goes to the
> Creek. I get to spend time with the grand kids who live in KY, he give me
> extra spending money to treat them.
> He some how really believes that if he buys an M37 I will drive it. Here
> ladies and gents is where you will figure it out. I have a beat up mini van
> that he won't put money into but if I take the Ranger to the store he has a
> fit. So if he wants me to drive a (excuse me) stupid green thing every day
> fine but HE will have to pay for it's up keep. Do I look stupid? A quick
> turn around the pasture to check fence in an M37 beats walking. Can't do
> that in a mini van, it will get stuck out there.
> No, I'm no saint but I'm also no dummy either. Sure I read this list for
> him and save what he might read but he would rather read his magazines and
> it keeps him off the puter which I have lots of uses for. A little
> tollerence work for everybody and by the way I also don't give a darn what
> the neighbors think. You see it is my land, we pay the taxes and we will
> decorate it any way we want. BIG GREEN (AND TAN, DS M54 Retired) THINGS
> and any other color we take a fance to. By the way I raise colored sheep so
> we have lots of color on the farm!! That makes us COLORFULLY RICH.
> Carolyn aka Mrs Hank

WAY TO GO WINGS...1997 & 1998 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!