Re: HMMWV goes home/fan noise question

From: mblair1@home.net
Date: Sat Jan 29 2000 - 14:43:36 PST

Several folks have let me know that the roaring sound is normal for my
truck, and is just the sound of the fan turning on... but it sure
causes a strong pucker response if you're not expecting it! :-)

I think the burning plastic smell may have come from a plastic label I
later found on the muffler. I probably hadn't gotten the muffler hot
enough to start cooking the label before. The muffler is shiny, so I
suspect it was replaced not too long before my truck was released as
surplus.

So, I guess my truck is working better than I thought it was, but I
still think it would be a good idea to service the cooling system
before I take the truck out again.

Thanks for all of the advice!

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/