MVs, being single, and meeting women

From: Henry Fackovec (Fackovec@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 12:40:55 PST

Hey all:

Being the perpetually single member of the MVMVC, I guess I have to jump in
here, I have been involved in the hobby for about 20 years (Most of them as
a bachelor) and have had several different reactions from women with regards
the hobby.

The most extreme was a young lady who when asked to come to a club party
(not a event, not a rally, not help take the tranny out of the
duece...nothing painfull) said she would rather have steel pins shoved in
her eyes rather than meet any of those "!@#$%^ NUTS". She went onto tell me
"I had to either give up the hobby or her!!". (Does anyone need a big and
slightly used engagement ring?<G>, will trade for M151A2).

When I meet women, I start off by telling them "I restore old cars.... Like
my '76 Corvette", and try to ease them into understanding that I prefer
luterless paint jobs <G>.

Hank

PS: The ultimate irony is my ex wife loved the trucks and the hobby!!
PPS: Any single women in New Hampshire feel free to write, must arc weld,
send picture of welder!