Re: [MV] Big green things and sex

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Mon Jan 31 2000 - 07:19:42 PST

Here at FB: Orange, the wife has accepted that there will be a bit green thing
in our lives. What was amazing was the series of questiongs she started asking
one recent evening:

How much does a M-37 in good physical condition and a seized engine cost?
How much does a four wheel disk brake conversion cost?
How much does a powersteering conversion cost?
How much...?

Anyhow, we started running to numbers, just for chuckles, and came up with the
following rough outline for an affordable truck for her...:

M-37 (any year),
w/ new Cummins diesel and tranny (manual),
Locking hubs,
Custom wheels and tires,
Power everything,
Cherry red metalflake paint job w/ lots o' chrome,
Ivory canvas and apolstery,
Decent sound system...

And I sat back a said, "You know, honey, you drive that beast around for too
long, and every young young male walking hormone is going to follow you around
like a troop of long lost puppy dogs..."

She smiled mischievously, with that rock melting smouldering look o' hers...

"What if they get out of hand?" I asked,

Her answer was representative of all of the reasons I love this woman:

"You're still planning on mounting that .50 cal on yours, right?"

Bill