Ferret Question

From: Dilliard@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 01 2000 - 16:00:57 PST

Ok.......for all those knowledgable individuals....a puzzlement.

For the most part my Ferrets are reasonably tight. Normal dampness where you
would expect it. But any time the temp drops to around 20F or below, they
leak a small amount of antifreeze out the hull access plate on the bottom.
The radiator does not appear to be the source and they have the mixture to
well below the 20 degrees. As soon as the temp warms back up, they stop, and
never leak at all in the summer.

Any ideas? Is this common?

While I am asking. I also have a Ferret that has a different generator panel
than any of my manuals shows. A model that apparently has no fording caps.
Is this an earlier unit or a later replacement that has some advantage?
Are they directly interchangeable without other modification, in case I would
use the swap and hope method to try to chase down a problem?

Thanks for any help or opinions. Poking fun at my ignorance is also welcome.

Regards,

Bob