Tobyhanna Motels on the cheap.

From: jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 15:10:48 PST

    Guys,

   If you wanted to know where the cheap motels are for the Toby show, ya
should'da just asked. As some of you may now have realized the Poconos is
a ski , lovers and tourist place. Tom Price and I always stay at the Mt.
Pocono motel in Mt. Pocono about 10 min. away from the show. Cost is around
$59.00 a night which is CHEAP for this area in the winter tourist season.
(call information for the number as I don't have it right in front of me)
 BTW...the Holiday Inn Express just outside of Toby is $50.00 if you are
military (or can make them think you are). If you go to the Super Eight,
don't take the guy's first price, ask for any and all discounts you can
think of (AAA, NRA, senior, and trucker). The more you ask the cheaper
he'll get. There's also a Knight's Inn way down by Frank Buck's Pocono
Peterbuilt dealer just outside of Stroudsburg (fairly cheap).
IMPORTANT note to cheapo guys like me......Stop at a Penn. welcome center
and pick up the two (red and green) discount motel guides. They have
discount coupons for a lot of motels in the area.
     Good place to drink right in "downtown" Toby......Brookside Inn (they
have good food too) GREAT place to eat.....Big Daddy's down 611, past Mt.
Pocono, nice and your wifey will like it. Don't forget the Landing
.......right in the Toby base......look for the Huey on the roof
.......cheap drinks too. (very important to cheapo's like me)

   Remember......The money you save you can spend with me....and I can then
spend it with those British guys with the Saladin/Ferret/carrier
parts......then they can come over to Aberdeen and spend it with
us....Humm.....seems like a vicious circle doesn't it.......

           Jim Gilmore MVPA # 5843

Member Ist Michigan AOD Chapter MVPA
               Great Lakes Chapter MVPA
               Ohio Motor Pool Chapter MVPA